Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

Safety when binding
milled1946
#1 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2015 8:19:53 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

After the last meeting, I heard a story about binding a plane, and the transmitter throttle happened to be up during the bind. When the transmitter was turned off, the plane took off, full throttle!

Is this a common way of setting failsafe-- same as bind??

On mine,(FrSky), the failsafe is a separate (and totally different) procedure than the bind. When the receiver is re-bound, the failsafe is disabled until purposefully set again with the separate procedure.

Can this happen easily on other brands?

Input, Please
sammie
#2 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2015 10:56:45 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I know with Spektrum (and most likely JR) that the bind and failsafe are combined, sorta.

For how I set mine up....when I bind its last known on all stick inputs and where the throttle is at bind (idle for me). This is why it is extremely important after initial bind when you setup throttle to rebind and anytime you adjust throttle atv/throws you need to rebind again. So yes if you left it at full throttle or had your throttle servo backwards it would be screwed up.

Now there is a Spektrum option to change how the bind process works where you tell the surfaces where to go (like a shallow dive or climbing circle etc). But I think the throttle portion is the same.

Overall this all comes down to people that don't have good habits. When I setup a plane I bind, and then check setting to ensure the butterfly closes with lost link. I do this before I ever start the motor. I also rebind after any work on the plane and again recheck all my surface/throttle to ensure they are doing what I want.